Dev Ops Engineer (m/w)
We are looking to expand our team with an experienced DevOps Engineer who will help us ensure that we meet our customers (hospitals, clinics, health insurance organizations) demands of high availability and reliability. As an integral part of our development team, we will work together to improve all aspects of our SaaS platform: deployment processes, reliability, availability, performance, tooling, developer/team happiness, and security.
Due to the nature of our business, we take security very seriously and ensure that all sensitive information is never leaving the client-side unencrypted.
Your Day-to-Day Work
- Ensuring that our infrastructure and services are up and running
- Improve our high-availability setup so that nothing we can foresee can take us down (no single points of failure)
- When something that we didn't foresee takes us down, we respond fast and address it in a way that will prevent it from happening again. Each failure should make us stronger.
- Perfect our monitoring so that we are the first to know if anything goes wrong
- Test our high availability in a controlled environment and mock emergency situations so that we are prepared for real incidents
- Make the whole development team happier by working together on better tooling, improved performance, metrics visibility and insights, etc.
- Infrastructure as a code (we are using Chef)
- Significant experience on managing Linux systems (we use Ubuntu on bare metal servers)
- Experience with deploying and monitoring large scale Web applications (we use Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL mainly, but here and there you can find Go, Redis, Elasticsearch, NodeJS, and others)
- Feel confident that our services will be available and operational under foreseeable conditions, so you don't need to worry during night or your vacations.
It's definitely OK if you haven't worked with every single technology we use, as long as you are willing to learn and grow with us. One thing we really care about is that you are empathetic, willing to share, teach, and learn from your colleagues, and open to new opinions and perspectives.
- We are a small but very diverse team. We are not looking to expand or hire aggressively as we prefer to give new employees the time to become an organic part of our team.
- An informal corporate atmosphere with team-events, Monday breakfasts together, beach volleyball matches, table football etc.
Please download the challenge, complete it and submit it with your application.
If you think you are the right person for this job and fulfil the requirements, we are looking forward to your application. Please send your application to Mr. Finn Lampe (firstname.lastname@example.org) and specify the first possible date of availability as well as your salary expectations.